What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance, also known as home insurance, is a form of property insurance that covers losses and damages to an individual’s house and its contents. Homeowners insurance also provides liability coverage against accidents on the property or in the home.
Why Get Homeowners Insurance?
There are three major reasons to buy homeowners insurance in New York:
- Property coverage – covers damage or destruction to your home or personal property.
- Liability coverage – If someone who isn’t covered under your policy is injured or has their property damaged or destroyed at your residence, your homeowner’s policy will cover your personal legal responsibility. This coverage also extends to cases where injury or damage happen outside of your property, such as a tree in your yard falling on the street.
|Fire, smoke, wind, lightning, explosions||Floods, backed up sewers, pollution|
|Trees and falling objects||Earthquake, landslide, mudslide|
|Overflowing of plumbing or sprinkler||Acts of war/deliberate damage|
|The weight of snow, ice, or freezing rain||Damage from pets, rodents, or insects|
How Is My Insurance Premium Determined?
Many factors are involved in determining your insurance premium. Different insurance companies may charge different premiums for similar coverage. However, at Keep Insurance, our goal is to provide affordable insurance to all of our clients. Some factors that may determine your premium include:
- The cost to rebuild your home
- The materials used to build your home
- The distance between your home and resources or services, such as a fire department.
- The age and condition of your home
- The history of the area or neighborhood, particularly your home’s direct neighbors.
- High-risk outdoor activities, such as a swimming pool or trampoline
- The types of pets you have.
What Factors Can Determine The Cost Of NY Homeowners Insurance?
- Your location
- Property square footage
- Year built
- Type of construction
- Roof type
- Number of bedrooms, bathrooms, and stories
- Garage type (if any)
- Security systems, such as burglar alarms and smoke detectors
- Type of heating and air-conditioning systems
Finding NY Homeowners Insurance
Our team at Keep Insurance are experts in providing insurance coverage. We are here to answer any questions you may have involving homeowners insurance, business insurance, and auto repair insurance in Westchester County NY, Dutchess County NY, and Ulster County NY. Contact Keep Insurance to get a free quote today. Call now 877-892-KEEP.